As people age, men and women accumulate fat in areas of the body that simply cannot be removed by exercise and diet. Pure tumescent liposuction, a remarkably safe procedure with a short recovery period, trims the body of unwanted fat. It can effectively remove fat deposits from all areas of the body, including the face, neck, chin, abdomen, hips, love handles, inner and outer thighs, buttocks, knees, and arms.
Dr. David Amron, a board certified Beverly Hills Dermatologic and Cosmetic surgeon, is nationally recognized as a specialist in liposuction. His artistic sense, combined with his meticulous attention to detail, consistently achieves outstanding results in sculpturing the body.
Dr. Amron is an outspoken advocate of what he calls “pure tumescent liposuction,” which is a much safer procedure when compared with liposuction that uses general anesthesia. This is a far safer technique, with no deaths or major complications reported in the hundreds of thousands of patients over the many years that have had the procedure done. Fat is removed with far less bleeding, leading to superior results, less bruising and faster healing. Patients are able to walk immediately after the procedure and typically return to work in two days. All liposuction surgeries by Dr. Amron are performed in a state-of-the-art fully accredited surgery center.
Advantages of Pure Tumescent Liposuction:
- Faster healing with decreased bleeding and bruising. Patients are able to return to work in two days.
- Patients are not limited to strict bed rest after surgery, which reduces the risk of clot formation in legs. The doctors encourage patients to take a one to two mile walk the next day and return to work in two days.
- More pure fat removal with less bruising, leading to better results.
- Patient being awake and able to move in certain positions allows Dr.Amron to more efficiently get to fat at correct angles. Additionally, patient movement during surgery reduces the risk of clot formation.
- Extremely safe with no deaths and far fewer complications than general anesthesia when strict tumescent guidelines are followed. (Fat removal is limited to four liters and the amount of local anesthesia and fluid used are limited).
Liposuction was first developed in the late 1970’s to remove undesired fat from nearly all body areas, including the face, neck, chin, breast, abdomen, hips, flanks, (love handles), inner and outer thighs, buttocks, knees and ankles. Developed by dermatologic surgeons in the 1980’s a major advancement called the tumescent technique of liposuction completely revolutionized the procedure. The use of tumescent liposuction allows dermatologic surgeons to safely and effectively remove deep and superficial layers of fat under local anesthesia with relatively little discomfort, virtually no complications and improved cosmetic results.